A significant portion of Modulus Technology’s business comes from its function as the service and repair centre for all companies within the AAE Technologies Group. Primarily focussed on maintaining equipment manufactured by Applied Acoustic Engineering (AAE), the company undertakes everything from minor repairs to major overhauls of AAE’s subsea transponders, USBL acoustic tracking systems and release transponders, as well as the complete range of geophysical survey systems and high voltage components. All maintenance work is carried out and certified by factory trained technicians with many years of experience working with AAE products.
The knowledge gained from specialising in this field, coupled with a proficiency in many design and engineering disciplines across a wider industrial area, gives Modulus’ technicians the capability to take on bespoke design and build projects for an assortment of industries and applications. The following examples feature among the growing number of projects successfully undertaken:
- High-voltage solar powered seismic energy sources used in long deployment geophysical surveys carried out in remote areas without access to an external electricity supply;
- Acoustic load monitoring equipment for offshore cranes and other lifting applications;
- Subsea pressure housings, designed, built, pressure tested and certified by the company, and capable of depth deployment to 6000 metres;
- Power sources for land based borehole geophysical survey systems;
- Subsea magnetic release transponders used in the fishing industry;
- Acoustically controlled actuators for the remote operation of solenoids, particularly within the dredging industry and
- Submersible GNSS receivers used in the underwater trenching and cabling industry.
All specialised concepts carried out by Modulus are assigned a dedicated project manager and are executed from design to delivery by the engineering team in conjunction with the full resources available through the AAE Technologies Group.
In addition to the bespoke, tailored engineering projects, Modulus Technology prides itself on being a multi-faceted organisation capable of undertaking and successfully completing a number of diverse engineering challenges and complementary activities.